Monday, April 19, 2010

The Mood-O-Meter

So I was putting girls to bed and the routine is always youngest to oldest.  Hanson Ellis is last.  As I walk in her room, I see her at her desk busy working on a little treat to put in a letter she wrote to her Aunt Rina (who is in middle school ... Richard's father and mother in law have adopted two daughters from Ukraine ... both beautiful and very strong women ... the eldest is in college and  I would trust her with my children's lives ... the youngest, the one in middle school, never lets my girls forget she's their aunt:).  Hanson Ellis loves her dearly and takes it all in stride.  I saw her closing, "Your Niece,  Hanson Ellis.")   I smiled to myself and stood their talking to her as she finished.  And while I stood there, I noticed something else on her desk ... the "Mood-O-Meter."  How fitting that it was on "cranky."  If that was on my desk, I think it would have had no other choices BUT "cranky" all the way 'round!!  I couldn't resist.  I had to snatch it up.  It just didn't suit Hanson Ellis, but screamed MK:).  She and I both got a good chuckle out of it.  What a great reminder of how silly I must look being so cranky all the time!

I think tonight I'll try to get a little more sleep.

2 comments: