Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sweet Saturday Morning and More





This was the way our backyard looked Saturday morning (and the rest of the day as well).  It rained and rained and rained.  But fortunately, we didn't have any severe weather, and for that I am thankful.  I do enjoy a rainy day from time to time.  Nothing makes the green leaves look more lovelier.


This is what our kitchen looked like Saturday morning.  Hanson Ellis decided to make everyone muffins for breakfast.  What a treat!  She used the recipe she found in a cookbook that once belonged to Richard's mother.  She was given this book by her Grammy for Christmas and keeps it in the zip lock bag she was given it in.  She also keeps it in her room, while not under lock and key, high up in her armoire where the all too curious hands of her little sisters cannot reach.





The muffins were great.  Having a 12 year old make them was even better!






This photo has nothing to do with Saturday morning.  It is from Richard's homecoming last November and it is a little blurry, but it is perfect for my thoughts right now.  For us, the years of starting a family and raising young children and starting our homeschool journey has been one filled with moves, deployments and lots of long hours of work for Richard.  Our 11 months in KS in 2008 was tough because we had never really "lived" together as a family.  Our time here has been tough because we've never been outside of a military community or in a "big city" area.  Richard's been gone more than home during our time here, we're in our first home ... we still have one in diapers and one that is recently potty trained ... he has a crazy commute and he's in graduate school on top of all of that.  I feel like our time as a family is so like this photo.  Happy, yet blurry ... familiar, yet more of a passing moment.  I love this man.  I am proud of this man.  I am amazed at this man.  I believe in his job ... stand by him 110%, but our relationship is not without the battle scars from it.  I always look forward to the weekend .. our time together as a family ... but you know when you hold two magnets, one in each hand, and you don't have them turned the right way so that they attract??? Well that is the best way to describe us so much of the time.  We try with all our might to "come together" but we are hopelessly pushed apart.  Our time together is never really what I hope for.

The girls had their Spring Choir Concert tonight at church.  As I sat there alone (Richard was off finishing an assignment and OH!!!! How I WISH I would have brought my camera .. you just wouldn't believe how cute the Cherub Choir was!) I was reminded of a great verse ... Philippians 1.6
"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."   
I know that God has a perfect plan for Richard and I and for our family.  What a comfort the reminder of this verse was to me.   I will definitely keep it fresh on my mind, as I have been with this passage all weekend.  1Corinthians 13.4-7
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
May God continue to hold me near to Him.  
May He continue to work in me, and may I honor Him as I love my husband.
Y'all have a great week!
To God be the Glory, 
mk



1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    I stumbled in from Heathers blog at All a Flutter...I think your blog is just beautiful!
    I hope you don't mind if I follow along!
    Enjoy the night!

    ReplyDelete