Friday, May 7, 2010

A Sixth Grader

Even at the end of the year, I find it hard to believe that I have a 6th grader.
My Hanson Ellis is in her final days of 6th grade.  While following in her Momma's petite size:), she has already far exceeded me in every other way.  Hanson Ellis is a little thing, but has the heart of a giant, and the bravery of David ... strong in the Lord.
Richard reminded me last night how she'll be leaving our house before we know it.
Yes, she will, but I'm going to do my best to make every moment last until then.
The weather is so nice right now ... warm not hot, breezy and sunny.
I love the final days of school.
Peaceful.  Quiet.  Long.
My girls enjoy them too.  School in the morning. Slow lunches and lots of free time in the afternoon to run amuck outside and dream of the summer days to come.
I saw Hanson Ellis on the front porch, in MY new hat (she's in day two of wearing it ... I'm thinking I'll be making another purchase), and so I grabbed my camera.
Love my girls.
Love this kid!











2 comments:

  1. Hanson Ellis' beauty wrings my heart. Thank you Lord for this beauty creation of Yours.
    ~Denise Monroe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not image She is growing up so fast. She is such blessings !

    ReplyDelete