Sunday, August 15, 2010

Let The Games Begin

The Davenport School rings it's bell in the morning!  Yes, that's right, the 2010/2011 school year at the exclusive all girl private school is about to begin.  I am ready, but not ready.  Excited, but surprisingly almost as anxious as the first year I began teaching.  We will not have a "real" first week.  Kate and Olivia will only have partial days at their schools/mmo and we have dentist appointments and all other activities start, too.  We will just get familiar with what we are doing and how we are going to do it and then start just a couple of basic things.  The girls are SUPER excited and went to bed with big grins on their faces. Hanson Ellis will be in the seventh grade.  She lost her last baby tooth tonight.  This year will be filled with lots of "new."

I have meant to post what all we'll be aiming to tackle this year.  I will do it.  Sorry I've not as of yet.

Our weekend was too quick, but it was fun.  Highlights?? Patterson won four tickets to see The Sound of Music at the Fox Theater here in Atlanta, (YEAH!!!) and I submitted my first column for Faith Deployed.  For all of you military wives, if you've not checked out that site, PLEASE DO!  There is a link on the left hand side of my page.  Go there.  You will be encouraged!

Okay, short post.  I'm off to make something fun and really useless, (but necessary) for the "opening ceremonies" of sorts tomorrow.

I'll be sure to let you know how it all goes!
Blessings to you all this week.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your first week of school goes smoothly! I'll be praying for you tomorrow. :)
    p.s. Will your column be posted on the site you mentioned? Let me know. I would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete