Thursday, September 2, 2010

Big Enough

As you all know, Kate started Preschool this year.  Ever since then, I am constantly hearing, "I'm big enough now."  It seems that Kate is now "big enough" to not take naps.  She's "big enough" to unbuckle herself.  She's "big enough" to set the table.  Well, you get the idea.

I had to run grab my camera when I saw this scene in the bathroom.







Our 3 year old who is "big enough" to brush her own teeth.  There's just something about those feet on the stool the way they are that just doesn't seem to jive with her "big enough" theory.  I guess with a little help we are all "big enough" for anything.  

I love this sweet girl.

And just for the record, as her Momma, no matter how big she gets, I think a part of me will just always see her as this little girl in pigtails and striped footy jammies making faces at herself in the mirror.




3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, MK, these photos, the outfit, the pigtails, the determination ... it reminds me sooooo much of my youngest ... so heartwarming to see, I'm so glad you got to your camera in time!! btw, are your ears ringing? I finished that book post and gave you a big shout-out for your bookshelf pics ;-)

    ReplyDelete