Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to Rebecca!

I am attempting to post while out of town.  I'm writing this on Wednesday, but hoping it will post on Monday.  I will be driving back from DC, but I will be thinking of my sister in law, Rebecca.  It is her birthday today and I want to tell her Happy Birthday and how much we all love her!  Rebecca is one of the funniest people I've ever met.  She is totally different than me:).  She is married to my brother and is the mother of two little men (5 and 2) who I absolutely adore.  We have not always seen eye to eye but we've never given up on each other.  And I don't know what I would have done last summer without her listening ear and almost daily encouragement while we were new here to GA, Richard was deployed and Momma was very sick.

In celebration of Rebecca, I am sharing her pumpkin bread recipe with all of you.  It is fabulous!! And one you'll love to make over and over again.


Miss Rebecca's Pumpkin Bread

3 c sugar
1 c oli
4 eggs, beaten
1 can pumpkin (16 oz)
3 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
2/3 c water

******************************************************************************
Combine sugar, oil and beaten eggs.  Add pumpkin and mix well. Combine
dry ingredients and add to the pumpkin mix.  Add water.  Beat
throughly and pour into greased loaf pans or bundt pan.  Bake in
preheated oven at 350 for about an hour.  Can also make muffins with



this recipe.  And if you want, throw in a cup of chocolate chips!!



I don't have a photo of the cake to show you, but I did purchase this for her birthday.  It is from Williams- Sonoma and if you want one, you can find it here.  

Also, the girls typically send her birthday videos:).
Here are some golden oldies for you!
Happy Birthday Rebecca!
We love you!!






***  And if you want to try something else pumpkin themed, check out these cupcakes.  I've got them on my list to try when we return from DC!! ***

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much!! This brightened my day beyond measure! Enjoy ALL of your posts on here, and the beautiful photos. :)

    ReplyDelete