Tuesday, May 31, 2011

And Life Goes On





So I woke up this morning and it was a new day.  Now that may not be all that newsworthy, but my point is this ... life goes on and what a blessing that is.

Four of my girls are in dance and this is recital week.  Therefore we had rehearsals for 6 dances today!!  Yes, not much time to dwell on yesterday, right?!  We have a show tomorrow and then rehearsals again Thursday and a show Thursday and then a final show on Friday.  I think I might sleep in until 6 Saturday morning!  :)

Okay, for those of you who might be thinking my life is completely miserable.  It's not.  It is hard to have Richard away.  I think if you ask any military wife, they'll each have different struggles to share with you.  Richard and I often talk about how the separation hits you when you truly least expect it.  I know that sounds cliche, but it's true.  And that said, for the most part life is good and very bearable.  I don't sit around and cry all day:).  For one, I'm too busy!  And also, I am very proud of Richard and find it easy to "stand behind him" and after all these years, I will say that I'm "used" to this.   That said  I have to tell you that probably the hardest thing for me to process is how much of life Richard and I have lived separately.  I think that when I'm around Richard after his being gone just seeing his face and recognizing that he recognizes that there we have one life and he has another ... that is really difficult for me to just shake off.  You spend your whole life waiting to meet that special someone and then you do and then you never get to see them.  Just sort of something I guess I never really planned on:).

I have a great life and am very blessed.
I miss Richard everyday.  That man is so crazy in love with Jesus it ain't funny.  He can make me furious:), but he can make me laugh like no one I've ever met.  He knows me to my core and other than hanging pictures, there's really nothing I don't enjoy doing with him.  So yes, I miss him when he's gone.  But once the goodbyes are over, I'm okay.  Really, I am.

I don't really have any girlfriends here in GA.  So this is where I bring my coffee and get things off my mind.  I go to the gym or for a run to de-stress.  I come here to get a grip I guess you could say.  This is my reality check.  This is where I want to scream and complain, but where I am held accountable.

Some days are hard and some just hard to come to terms with.  But God is always good and as one new friend recently reminded me, His grace is sufficient.

This is not my life to live for me, but for the glory of God.

As crazy as it may sound, this blog is a terrific reminder of me to do that.




1 comment:

  1. good morning, mk - i can't believe how much i've missed ... the emotional extremes you've hit over the past few days, my goodness!! i'm glad that you have the recitals to keep you busy this week, these instagram photos are wonderful ;-)
    and ps ... i feel the same way as you do about blogging - very few local girlfriends plus coffee (or in my case it's tea!) plus blog equals a place to vent and sort it out ... with bloggy friends like you being the bonus!!

    ReplyDelete