Friday, January 29, 2010

Good (from start to finish)

My day today started early.  Richard woke me at five with a kiss and the words "Coffee's going, the fire's on ... I've got Officer P.T. ... I've gotta go.  Love you."  Even though it was cold outside (and while I was warm inside it was one of those days that you just know how cold it is outside), I decided to get up and enjoy listening and smelling the coffee brewing, as well as a few quiet moments by the fire praying and reading.  It always amazes me how much more refreshed I am when I am up early and am able to have a moment to gather my thoughts and just sit and think about the day God has prepared for me.  
The pleasant start of the day must have filtered upstairs, because Hanson Ellis woke up in a great mood, too!  It is my habit to call Momma each morning as I prepare the girls breakfast.  Hanson Ellis knows this well and strategically placed this note where I wouldn't miss it ...

what a sweet thought!  I am so happy to have children still young enough to leave little notes.  I hope they never grow out of this.


The rest of our day was pleasant as well.  We put off starting school until after a trip to the craft store to get some supplies for Valentine's treats.  Here is a sneak peak at what we are working on ...







more to come a little closer to the 14th!  

As for tonight ... I was pleased at being able to rent a video for a buck-o-five for the older girls to stay up and watch.  It is a treat to be able to hear them giggle with delight simultaneously! And it is also a treat to have some time at home to talk to Richard without any interruptions.  He heads up to VA in five days to meet with a senior ranking officer who read an article that he wrote and that was published in the Armed Forces Journal.  We are not sure what the outcome of the meeting will be ... a temporary duty assignment, a move ... 
I am excited for Richard.  This is a huge honor for him.  But I am praying for God to continue to direct our paths and fill our hearts with peace for the plans He has for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment