Sunday, January 24, 2010

57 (a year plus a couple of days)



It's been a little over a year since we moved into our home, which I affectionately refer to as "57." It really seems like we've lived here much longer.  It has been exciting living in a "real" home in a "real" neighborhood.  (But I must say, the girls and I do miss the military community greatly).  It is nice to live in a single dwelling and it is nice to not have mold.  And believe me, if you've ever lived in military housing, you'd understand about the mold.  I am thankful for our experiences up to this point.  I know God has given me a greater appreciation for 57 than I would have had otherwise.  That said, nesting has never been so hectic, tiring and seemingly endless!  Whenever I feel defeated, I just think back to where we've lived before (a THIRD at least of the living space we have here) and I remind myself that Richard's been away most of the year and between homeschooling, soccer, tennis, guitar, choir, and ballet lessons, along with trying to find my way around this area and the normal day to day of cooking, cleaning, dressing, redressing, changing diapers, potty training, teeth brushing, hand washing, laundry folding and lessons on everything from how to swing without Momma pushing to how to throw a football to how to tie your shoes ... I've not had a lot of time.  It is nice to look back to where we were and see the blessing of where we are now.  I have a friend who used to say "there is still much to be desired."  Yes, I suppose there is, but at the end of the day, I am so thankful for a roof over my head, five sleeping sweet little girls, a husband who never forgets to tell me that he loves me and a God who gives me strength to get up and "do it all again" the next day.
 
 here is a little history of from where we've come ... 








No comments:

Post a Comment