Friday, October 1, 2010

Farmer John's Preview and A Bit of My Route

 

So it is finally October.  That meant a trip to Farmer John's Curb Market today to pick out a pumpkin.  I'll post more on that tomorrow. It was such a beautiful day and since I had my camera with me, I decided to take some shots of my running route as I drove home from Farmer John's.  
I know I talk a lot about running, so I thought I'd share a bit of where I do it with you.  I'd love to see some of your routes, too!  


Above, the entrance to the community where we live.  Below, the main drive.  It is so beautiful to drive this everyday.  And it is beautiful to see the trees change with the seasons.  We never take the gift of living here for granted!









As you can see, lots of winding roads and sidewalks, but lots of grass to run on, too:).  I usually run one way on the sidewalk and one way on the grass.  My legs have felt great, so hopefully this has helped!



And then the hill I wrote about a couple of days ago ... ahhh, the hill:).




It keeps going and going and going.  Very much a mental and physical battle!


So that is some of my route.  Today as I ran, I prayed for the family of this lost soldier.  http://blog.al.com/live/2010/10/alabama_grad_mark_andrew_fores.html
And again, I thank all of you who pray for Richard and the girls and me.  

It's Friday, movie night for the girls, cleaning night for me.
Missing my favorite person through it all.
one.week.down.
I love you Richard.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful route, mk - now I see why you keep on doing it, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete