Monday, October 25, 2010

Home



Richard and I woke up at 3 this morning to get dressed, wake up girls, load up and make the 11 hour drive from Virginia to Georgia in time for Hanson Ellis to go to her dance classes this evening.  It has been a long day and we are looking forward to climbing in own bed after a busy, but priceless weekend.

I am still in that blank state of mind after completing the Army Ten Miler this weekend.  What a journey for me and what a race!  Driving into our community this afternoon, I sat in the van and looked at all the streets I've run in training for this race.  So much time on those routes ... early hours, mid day hours, late hours ... extreme cold, extreme heat and perfect weather days ... long runs, short runs, fast runs, slow runs ... and so much time in prayer and thought.  I was very anxious about the race this weekend.  I still doubted myself so much.  Richard ended up being able to run with me and I just can't describe to you what a fun and memorable time we had.  But I'll try:) tomorrow or Tuesday ... once I finish unpacking and catch up on a bit of sleep ... oh and catch up on some time with Richard.   This is the first he's been home since he left for Kuwait!   (and it's not even 8 and he's sound asleep on the bed behind me:))

Okay, I've got to go pick up Hanson Ellis from her two hours of dance.  I'm sure after our whirlwind weekend, early morning and very long car drive, she's lacking some pep in her step.

To God be the Glory.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you made it safe and sound!!! You did great on your race. With Richard by your side. How could it have gone any better?
    Go to bed early too. I'm sure the girls will want to. Glad you're home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home!! So glad to hear that it all went so well - can't wait to hear more ... and thanks for the pumpkin bread recipe below, I can't wait to try, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! Glad you're back (and Richard too!)! Can't wait to hear! Here is another easy easy recipe that should have a warning sign on it! Just one box of chocolate devil's food cake mix and 1 can of pumpkin. That's it! Mix and spoon into greased mini muffin pans on 350 degrees for 15mins. I had to make myself stop after 5 last night! Thinking I would add a drizzle of icing if taking to an event, but ohhhhhh so yummy! The girls could do it all on their own! You may have heard of it already but this secret was kept too long from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about you this weekend and wanted to get down there to cheer you on! But with me missing church this coming Sunday, I thought it best to head there instead. What a beautiful morning you had for the race! I'm so glad it went well.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so good to see all of you this weekend. You are always welcome here.

    Britt

    ReplyDelete