Saturday, May 21, 2011

God is Good


"Praise to the Lord who o'er all things so wondrously reigneth ...
Shelters thee under His wings, yea, so gently sustaineth!"

It is easy to sing God's praises when the days are good and filled with joy.  But how often do we forget and even struggle to praise Him when the days are long and end in frustration?  
I almost forgot tonight, but my soul wouldn't let me.  

I have felt almost constantly that I am failing as a mom.  
Maybe being a single parent of five has a little something to do with that:).  
Richard likes to remind me, though, of how the girls are smiling and draw pictures of happy things, therefore I can't possibly be ruining their lives completely.  
Um, hmmm, thanks Richard!  (I think ...) 
No, he's right. 
When I found these images tonight, I was reminded instantly how God is bigger than I am and how He is sustaining me (and them) 100%.  

To Him be the glory.



1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! When I saw the name of the blog I had to check it out bc my college roommate was the 5th of 5 girls and the daughter of an army Col. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers during this deployment and as your parents deal with the loss of their home. Thank you for serving our country as you support your husband on the homefront and raise your wonderful girls!

    ReplyDelete