Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Proverbs 3:27

"Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act."






Today I got Parker and Patterson started on their math and english early. After we dropped off Kate and Olivia at school we headed out to gather up goodies to make stockings for the single soldiers in our Brigade.  If you're interested, here is the flyer with all of the information.  Basically, the goal is to make 1,000 stockings for our soldiers and mail them all out from Fort Bliss at the same time.  If you are interested, your help would be greatly appreciated!


 I have been mailing Richard packages since I was 19.  I absolutely LOVE it.  I always send extra, because there is always someone who has nothing.  So when I found out about this little project, I happily jumped right on it!!  It was a great thing for the girls to participate in and feel a little ownership in as well.  I always try to get them involved with the military any chance I can.  This is a part of who they are and I want them to appreciate the service around them as set apart and not as the standard.  I want them to remember the sacrifice made by so many and not just grow up being so close to it that they are numb to it.  (if that makes sense) I also make every effort to get my girls "doing for others" any chance they can as well.  My oldest recently said to me, "You know, it was always so confusing when I was little.  If I had a friend over I was told to let them choose because they were a guest.  And when I went to someone else's house you told me to do whatever my friend wanted because I was a guest."  :)  Funny the things they remember pondering when they were younger ...

Mailing these off in the morning.  Happy to have had the chance to be a light and hopefully let a soldier know that they are not forgotten.








1 comment:

  1. I love reading these to get a feel of you and the girls. You tell your daily life so well and I admire your family, and think you are such a blessing to Richard and others over there. I don't have any friends in the military, you are the only friend I have that is connected to the military. So it really puts it perspective to really understand (to the best we can) the sacrifice military families make. I have made it a priority for me and my children to do these projects and donations.
    Love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete