Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Deep Breath


Richard is off taking the van in for a much needed repair.  I am so thankful he is here to do this!  Amazing how difficult something so simple can be when I'm without  him.  

Today is our last day of his R&R.  I never like these days.  They are always hard and never perfect and just draining.  Maybe that's good.  Maybe that is what helps us drop them off and put them on that plane one more time ... just so we can move forward!  I don't know.  All I know is that there is so much pressure that encompasses the last day.  

Eight months ago we watched as Richard drove down our street and out of our neighborhood to train and deploy.  It'll be eight more months until we see his smile and feel his arms around us.  
Today will be tough, tomorrow will be worse, but we will eventually move forward and day by day inch our way to being a family together again.  

I almost wish we could turn time around and go back to the moment captured in the above image.  Almost, but not really.  Because if we could, then I'd have to relive this day again and I think I just want to get it over with.  

Pray for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment