Saturday, January 28, 2012

Taking a Minute for a Repost



No.  I have no time to be posting a blog.  But I've battled all day with so much frustration.  The day wasn't horrible at all ... circumstance wise ... but nothing went my way (it's okay if you laugh) and it just frustrated me that I tried and I failed.  On days like today I battle between the "I have so much to be thankful for" and the "BUUUUUUTTTTTTT this is SO HARD."  So after putting the girls to bed tonight I decided before I tackle the ironing for church tomorrow and getting the clean sheets back on my bed (etc), I was going to sit down with a bowl of cereal (I have a crazy habit of cereal each night) and scroll back through some old blog posts.  It is nice to have this blog and have a bit of organization to my life events.  I always find lots of smiles through the old posts!  As I scrolled tonight, I came across the following post from Richard's first deployment here at 57 two years ago.  The post I posted from a friend really summed up the emotions behind my mood today.

A couple of months ago I saw a flyer on the bathroom door at church.  It basically said that "We don't know you need help if you don't ask!" Ah!  So the ball is in my court.  Yeah, ok, got it!  After all, who in the world would think that a mother of five would need any help while her husband is deployed?  Oh well, if only I had the time or the energy to pursue that.

So for my first repost ... click back HERE if you want a glimpse into what a deployment is like (on both ends). And thanks again, Donna!!

No comments:

Post a Comment