Monday, October 8, 2012

4 Months


Today was our four month anniversary at The House on Grant. 
Richard had today off.  I, therefore, had the luxury of spending over an hour cleaning out my closet and two chest of drawers and in the end finally, finally having my things organized.  You may not think that to be much of a luxury, but to a wife of a previously deployed soldier, it is a luxury that I know very well not to take for granted.

Yep, I felt pretty good about my little accomplishment!  That was one more thing I could check off my "to do" list.  Then I saw Kate this afternoon.  In the four months since we arrived here in KS, she's managed to make decorations for her room (which she thought were perfect on the first try), make friends with the kids on our street because, well, because they were the kids on our street:), and even schedule play-dates that are too frequent for me to count.  Now I know that the task before her is not quite as big as the task before me, but still, there is no denying that sometimes, many times, kids just get it right.  Kids have no time to put off living.  They somehow know, even without being told, that life is not to be second in line.  

Looking at the above snapshot I again feel the need to remind myself of a favorite verse of mine,

"This is the day that the Lord has made!  Let us rejoice and be glad in it." 
Psalm 118:24

1 comment:

  1. a great reminder to let our kids be kids as long as they can!

    ReplyDelete