Friday, April 23, 2010

This Time of Year

You won't find many students inside at The Davenport School.  Chairs are empty, books are closed, and there isn't a lot of time to pick up. 





I love this time of year ... when we go OUTSIDE!  So, Pull up a chair ...



Sit awhile ...



and enjoy the wonderful beauty of God's world with us!


















'






















It is such a gift to be able to homeschool.  I love being able to just "pick up and go." I love that the girls can be outside and not stuck in a classroom somewhere waiting to get home only to have homework to complete.  I love that they can play and enjoy the quiet of everyone else being at work or school.  I do enjoy our neighbors, but I have to admit, it is during the quiet work/school hours of the day that the little wheels in their brains are a turnin'.  I appreciate the uninterrupted moments of creativity for them.  What a gift.  Hanson Ellis is busy using the Swiss Army knife she got for her birthday in the above image.  She is building some sort of tree fort in our woods.  Hmmmm ... Swiss Family Davenport?  I'll keep you all posted.  And as I type, the red checked table cloth that Patterson is waving around in the image prior is being made into curtains for their playground.  I'll update you with photos of that next, as well.

I hope that you are all enjoying the changing season, and your little people, too.  And if any of you know how to slow down time just a bit, so that I can savor these years a little more, please let me know!  My house of little people is all too quickly becoming a house of bigger people with every blink of my eye.  

May God fill them with all joy, as they grow in His grace. 
To God be the Glory!



No comments:

Post a Comment