Saturday, April 17, 2010

"THE" Cake

Okay, so what's a blog without a recipe?? As I play "keeping up with the Jones'" blogworld style (please stay tuned for more on this later:)), I am posting my first recipe.  I am not a profound cook, and I've never invented my own recipe.  However, there are several that I have come by via one of the greatest cooks I know, Momma (i.e. my mom), and they are always raved over by the owner of the kitchen counter they finished product ends upon.

As you know, my husband is in the Army and travels quite a bit.  We usually live on Post, so yard work when he's away is taken care of by the Post and thus not an issue.  Our family was declined housing here in GA because we were just slightly over the maximum occupancy:).  God is very faithful, though, and provided us with the most amazing and generous neighbors who have helped keep up our yard during the times that Richard has been deployed.  Did I mention how amazing these neighbors were?  Richard is home now and yet today, as was the case last Saturday, I hear edging going on outside ... and Richard is at soccer ... my neighbors ... they are amazing and so I bake for them.  What else can I do?!

Here is the latest treat from my house to theirs.  Momma refers to this as "THE" Cake.  It is easy and way too delicious and fills your house with the most amazing aroma you can imagine.

Enjoy!!


1 box Chocolate Cake mix (either chocolate or devil's food)
1 box Chocolate Instant Pudding (again, either chocolate or devil's food ... the combinations don't matter and I honestly just get whatever I find at whatever store I am in and I've done every possible combination and they are all great!)
1 12 oz bag mini semisweet chocolate chips (you can use regular, but I feel like there are thousands of chips in every bite with the mini)
1 & 3/4 cup milk
2 eggs (and I have used just one ... makes it a little more gooey ... just depends upon your preference)

Throw all ingredients in a bowl, stir, pour in prepared pan and bake at 350 for 1hr to 1.5 hrs, depending upon what you are cooking it in (bundt, square, etc).

And if you want, throw some powdered sugar on top!
Oh, and this photo was from a FB post a while back.  It was late at night, the cake was just for us, so I used my Grandma's old pan as opposed to my favorite mini fluted pan from Williams Sonoma, and because the girls were asleep, we were enjoying beer with ours.  A nice little mini date for us:).
I'm sure all there are those of you out there who would have made the perfect looking cake, and fixed everything for that perfect photo shot ... again, my "keeping up with the Jones'" blogworld style post is coming soon.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment