Thursday, June 24, 2010

Quiet

Richard took some time off for the weekend. We had a quick trip (more on that later) and yesterday was our "recoup" time. He spent the morning at the pool with the older girls. I spent the morning with the younger ones grocery shopping. Almost seems an unfair deal, right?! But I have to admit, there was hardly a sole at the store other than the stockers and us and this little girl very much enjoyed her Momma's attention and having the role of the "big girl" for a couple of hours. (and on a side note, I hope I never forget the image of her spotting the marshmallows and skipping up ahead of me to them shouting "Look, Momma!  They have MUSHROOMS!!"  Oh, please don't grow up too fast Kate:)!!)









After lunch I put Olivia down and Richard took the everyone else back to the pool. Of course I wanted to be at the pool with them, but what a priceless gift to have quiet for almost three hours! I think if I had this once a week, I'd be a completely different person:).

It's back to the nitty gritty this morning. My head is already buzzing with my endless list of things that I need to accomplish. But I did have some time to sit and read and pray this morning. The sermon I heard on Sunday fell right in line with the two books I'm currently reading in the mornings ... the bottom line "God doesn't desire us to be happy, but holy. Happiness is just the added bonus."

I hope you all are enjoying your week! Hard to believe another one is almost over. Am I getting older, or are the summers just going by faster??

Thank you to all of you who have made comments on my posts or sent emails to my inbox. I will get back to you, promise!!! I've enjoyed hearing from you and finding your blogs, as well.  For now, I'm off to my day.  After receiving some helpful advice from an experienced hydrangea grower, I am going to give my third attempt at rooting some of mine today.  I'll let you know how I do ...

Blessings to you all!
To God be the Glory.
MK

1 comment: